Sunday, November 29, 2009

The week from Hell Part 2: Staying on the high road but under the radar

Good Morning,



I've started and stopped this several times already. There are several ways I can go about this. First thing that comes to mind, though it shouldn't, is to simply be mean-spirited towards The 'Burg. I feel angry, irate, incensed, enraged, infuriated, furious, mad, provoked, irritated. A little confused, not to mention flummoxed. That said, in the end I have returned to The 'Burg....to my own suite. The route here though was truly a hassle and a half. I felt abused, maltreated, mistreated and literally thrown under the bus. But I'm going to stay on the high road and hope to stay under the radar. Here is the rest of the week:

Dr, Shapiro told me on Thursday October 29 that my discharge date was the following day at 1:00 p.m. Good news indeed. The week had already been a disaster and I wanted to return to some sort of normalcy. Being back with Gordo never seemed so good. I endured, what I thought was my last day, of catsup-less/ketchup-less eggs. Through lunch and I start staring at the clock. 1:00 comes and goes, 2:00 comes and goes, same for 3:00. FINALLY at 4:00 a new face appeared. She said her name was Marilyn and she was the Case worker for St. Vincent's. I asked where my chariot was and she informed me that my discharge had been postponed. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO, this can't be!!!!! SO close to leaving. She said something else appeared from my Lung scope, MRSP. I have no clue what this is other than what she told me, which is a bacteria that grows in your lung, possibly contagious. She went on to say that Williamsburg was "making arrangements" for me. She also said I would be staying there at St. Vincent's through at least the weekend. Endured Saturday and Sunday, thanks to the undefeated Indianapolis Colts (that's for you, little Sister) Then Monday came with no news and then I saw Marilyn again on Tuesday. She told me Williamsburg was not going to take me back because they were "unable to now meet my health needs." Which, by Law, is the only thing with Medicaid that they can say. Marilyn went on to say that Bryan was calling around trying to find a new facility. Wednesday came along and next Marilyn told me that my insurance had entered the arena and that they would stop paying after Wednesday. Luckily Bryan found a facility in Lafayette. So, I climbed into the back of the ambulance Tuesday evening and was transported to The Regency in Lafayette. Own room, wireless Internet, phone, and TV equipped room. NO ROOMMATE. Not bad digs. Staff was pleasant enough. Lafayette is ~45 minutes away from Crawfordsville. Bryan came over on that Friday while I was in therapy. After taking me back to my room he said he had received a phone call from The 'Burg saying they would take me back "with restrictions." Not sure what they had in mind for restrictions, and I still don't. I was missing my friends here at The 'Burg, and was told I would be receiving a roommate at The Regency, albeit short-term. ~2 weeks. I weighed the pro's and con's and decided to move back "home" to The 'Burg. So that Friday, 2 weeks to the day that this adventure began, I climbed aboard my Mustang and Bryan drove me back to The 'Burg. They moved me to a room by myself keeping me away from the vent residents. Everyone is in agreement that the MRSP, or whatever, is colonized and no threat of being contagious. I'm not complaining though as I'm in my own suite.


Timely article in the weekend edition of our County paper, aptly named "The Paper." Has to do with sleep apnea. I have a CPAP (See article for the acronym definition) and am once again reaching Stage 4 sleep. Bizarro dreams I am having but at least I am once again dreaming.


That's it in a nutshell. All's well that ends well. See ya next week.



-me

2 comments:

  1. glad to hear you are being compliant with the cpap. I would hate to have to go all "respiratory terrorist on you!"" Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your finally sleeping better and back home.
    Dave C.

    ReplyDelete